Active professionals, mainly the staffing force of Law Enforcement Agencies, who are confronted with immediate security implications on a daily basis, constitute the population directly benefiting from this action, which meets a series of ever-increasing needs arising from the phenomenon of radicalisation and violent extremism, particularly relevant to the issue of “returnees” of foreign fighters as well as to the radicalised persons in prisons or in hosting centers of immigrants and refugees.
The expected benefits deriving from the action for the institutions mentioned above are:
- Strengthening the inter-service co-operation of the law enforcement agencies involved.
- Assessing the threat of radicalisation leading to violent extremism and terrorism in Greece.
- Training, educating and empowering law enforcement staff to timely recognize and combat radicalisation leading to violent extremism and terrorism.
- Recognizing the potential radicalisation that leads to violent extremism and terrorism in prisons, in the hosting areas of immigrants and refugees, on the Internet, etc.
- Reducing the risk and preventing the violent escalation of potential radicalisation leading to violent extremism and terrorism.
- Enhancing the vigilance of law enforcement personnel to successfully address crisis situations.
In addition, the needs of these agencies, the action contributes to meeting the needs of the wider population as reflected in the collective social demands of early prevention and response to terrorist threats and the safety of citizens in general.